Saturday, May 8, 2010

It felt like a message...

I started beading shortly after I lost Kiersten & Brooklyn, mainly because I so badly wanted to make a bracelet that had all my kids names on it and did not want to pay the high prices of having someone else do it, and secondly because I needed a hobby, something to do, something to take my mind off of things, and something that I would find relaxing. One of the first things I made was a double strand bracelet that had Kiersten & Brooklyn's names, their birthstones, some butterflies, and a beaded angel... I loved that bracelet, I still do, I used to wear it every single day. After making that piece I made various other things, which included some initial grandmother bracelets, mother bracelets for friends, etc... so you see I had purchased other alpha beads over the past few years, but only what I needed at the time, for that particular piece. Anyway, today I was making a bracelet, and Drew was going through all my little bead boxes, when he came across a small box that had an oval bead in it that said "angel" and the letter "O"... Drew said, now we don't have to buy an "O" for Mimi (see I needed to buy an "O" to update my Mom's bracelet), I instantly thought, OMG... all along someone knew I would need this "O", someone knew an "O" would be in my life. It certainly felt like a message, a sign, call it what you want, but it felt like GOD, angels, and Kiersten & Brooklyn! I am not sure in which order of purchasing alpha beads I accidentally walked away with an extra/accidental "O", but it appears to me someone knew I would be needing it! Just loved the feeling.

2 comments:

  1. very cool, renae....isn't it neat to feel those messages from those we love and miss...<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typing this through tears.....beautiful, and perfect song....one of my favorites!!! And, I truly believe 'someone' knew you would need an O in your beads...coz that O was already in your heart! Happy Mothers' Day, Renae!

    ReplyDelete