Thursday, December 23, 2010

May you rest in peace...

I am known for not having a very good memory. But there are some things in life I know I will never forget, or people I will never forget. I will never forget my Grandpa Larson, his hugs, his voice, certain things he would say and especially his scent. I would love getting a hug from him, I would smell like him for hours. He might not know it but I remember in middle/high school wearing his sweaters to school, and just loving the smell. He was a good man, the kind of Grandpa that made you feel good about your accomplishments. I know he was proud of the person I have become, and I know he loved me and my family, he always showed it. It's going to be hard getting used to him not being around at family functions, not seeing his big smile, or hear his little whistle in the room. Just yesterday, we got the acknowledgement/thank you card in the mail from his service, and it was a reminder that he was actually "gone"... I whispered up to heaven that I loved and missed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment