Thursday, December 23, 2010

"I want to buy presents for Kiersten & Brooklyn"

At Drew's school they do something called holiday shop, where the children can buy $1.00 gifts for family members/friends. They pick out the gifts on their own, wrap them, etc. So I was filling out the form this year with Drew, and he said he wanted to buy something for Kiersten & Brooklyn... he said he wanted to buy a pink & purple angel, (fighting back the tears) I told him I was not sure if they would have that kind of stuff, he quickly said, that he would like to buy them some fake flowers then to take to the cemetery, I told him I was not sure if they would have flowers. My not knowing what kinds of items they had, and trying to figure out how I was going to explain this on the form, figured this was not a good idea.... I told Drew that since I did not know what they would have, that I would take him shopping, and he could pick out something special for Kiersten & Brooklyn for Christmas, he liked that idea, but started crying, saying how much he missed them.... it's hard, the times like these....
So today I took him to the dollar store and let him pick out whatever he wanted, and told him if he did not find anything he liked we would go somewhere else. He looked all over the the store, and was so sweet, I wish you all could have seen him. He was very precise in his selections. He decided on picking 2 porcelain angels, which are identical, except for one little thing, and I love that he said, "I want the ones with the roses". Then he picked these glow sticks, one purple heart, and one pink butterfly. He was so proud of his selections.
On the way home he talked a little about their names, and told me he likes the name Kiersten a little bit better than Brooklyn. In the store he was using nicknames, it was really cute. It is just amazing to me how much love he has for his sisters who he never got to know on earth, he is a pretty amazing boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment