Monday, January 17, 2011

The title of this blog, is becoming too literal... "Busy Bragg's" mama Bragg (myself) have been extremely busy these past several months, since Fall really when I got the bright idea to further my education, to take on a career change. As most of you know I have a BBA already and have been working as an Administrative Manager for almost 9 years, wow, thats along time! Ever since I lost Kiersten & Brooklyn, I have felt the deep desire to do more with my life. At the end of the days work I want to feel like I really made a difference in someones life, or at least feel like I have helped them in some way that actually "mattered". Like so many youngens out of high school, I changed my major a few times, and before I was on the final path of a business degree, I once was on the path of nursing. I bowed out when I hit some of the very difficult science classes, realizing that possibly that was not the career for me. Once I had my 1st job in a office, and took my first business class, I really felt at home, for me business seemed to click. I flew through my BBA, and graduated with honors, and have worked for my current employer for along time. But I feel like my life has taken me down a different path, and somewhere my heart got left behind... so onto a new career path I go. I am enrolled in my second class now A&P II, it sure is a struggle working fulltime and raising the kids, and maintaining the family life, but my drive is stronger this time! I feel like instead of being in the race to do the right thing and earn a degree, this time I am making a choice to do what I want to do, to have a job that I want one day. So I am putsing along taking one course at a time, and hopeful that one day I will get there, or at least reach my fulfillment in some way of at the end of the day feeling like I have made a difference.
Anyways, enough about school and me.... with all the craziness I have not been able to share some of the things the kiddos have been up to lately.
Olivia is growing up SO fast! she just turned 17 months, and finally weighs over 20 lbs. she loves to dance and sing songs. Her favorite song right now is "Old McDonald", it's so cute, if I sing "Old McDonald had a farm" she'll sing "E-I-E-I-O", and then I will continue, wherever appropriate she will sing her part, it's so cute. She has been talking alot lately, and is beginning to put 2-3 words together at a time, like "I don't know", another favorite of hers is "WHY", crazy to me that a child of her age would ask "why" so much, she has been questioning us, since she was about 14 months... oh boy are we in trouble when she is a teenager! She still adores her big brother Drew, and he adores her, I am lucky to have kids like them! some of her favorite foods are chicken nuggets, fries, and cheese. She has recently been introduced to candy, and has taken to chocolate, and dum-dums...
Drew too is getting big. Pretty much everything he says cracks me up! He has already learned so much this year at kindergarten. He really seems to enjoy school, is making a lot of new friends and becoming more social. I got to attend a friend birthday party with him a few weeks ago which was neat to meet his friends, and see how he interacts with the kids. He is really gearing up for sports, he is pumped to be able to play football in the Fall, it's all he talks about. He also wants to play baseball in the spring, and now wants to play hockey - YIKES! been trying to keep him away from hockey due to the costs involved. He is also hoping to learn to ski this year with his Dad... a sport this Mom never learned. A fun fact about this year is Drew has become a University of Michigan fan, great for his Dad, not so much for Mom and Mimi Schultz, since we are State fans. It's funny all the little riddles/poems these kids come up with. Some of his latest ones are "Michigan State is who we hate". Another little riddle he did to me in the car the other day was "Open the gate, who do you hate ____, thats who you date"....anyways he cracks himself up!
Also, while shopping with Drew over the weekend he informed me that I should not buy these fun mittens, that were white, black, blue, pink, green, leopard style print, quoting "Mom, those are too teenager for you", thanks Drew for making your Mom feel old!

1 comment:

  1. What cuties! They are getting so big! Good for you to go after something you want to do! Proud of you chica!
    Hugs-
    L

    ReplyDelete