Thursday, December 18, 2008
Family
It seems that the Bragg's continue to catch every germ that is out there, most recently Kevin & I battled the wonderful flu that is going around, and Drew is still on his 4th antibiotic trying to beat this darn sinus infection. It stinks being sick, especially because there is so much that needs to get done with Christmas quickly approaching,and my brother coming into town. I am proud to say that I am 68% done with my shopping, as of last night (nothing like last minute). Yesterday, after I picked Drew up from school we went to a few stores to get some shopping done. I have to tell you about our trip to Lowes: Usually we frequent The Home Depot, so Drew knows and loves that store VERY much! (it must be a boy thing) so yesterday as we walked in the doors, he asked where we were and I said "Lowes", he said oh, as we got inside and he began to look around he quickly said "Mom, this is'nt Lowes, this is Home Depot", I said "No honey its Lowes", he than said "No, it smells like Home Depot", so throughout the rest of the store he insisted we were at Home Depot, and even to the clerk, she thought it was rather funny and had to agree with him that he had a point. It's just those little things that kids do that crack me up, and remind me of their innocense and tenderness and remind me how lucky I am to have this joy in my life. I pray that all my friends may one day know this joy!
When we got home Drew, helped me wrap up a few gifts. He began cutting this ribbon and wrapping it, insistent that he was making a present for his Mimi Schultz - it was too cute.
Then the heartbreaker of the night came, when Drew started talking of heaven. He asked when Kiersten & Brooklyn would be coming back? I had to have the talk with him again (he every so often has to be reminded that they won't be), he proceeded to say "But I want them to eat christmas cookies and I want to sing them songs". I told him that he can talk to or sing songs to his sisters anytime he wants, he said "I want to sing to them now, the Barney song", so he said "Kiersten & Brooklyn this is for you" and he began "I love you, you love me we're a happy family........" And I thought to myself we are a family, and I am so happy that Drew remembers and speaks of his sisters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment