Sunday, December 21, 2008
What December 21st means to me
I awoke this morning thinking of what today is - December 21st, is not just any other day for me...this date was the due date of my daughters, Kiersten & Brooklyn, and it will always be a "special day" for me. Of course knowing that I was carrying twins, I nor the medical professionals ever thought I would make it to this date, as typically they come early. But all of my appointments & weekly gestation & timeline was built around this magical date - December 21st, 2007. So for me, today marks the one year anniversary of this special date, its a real date, and I think that if things would have worked out differently the girls would be 1 year old and I would be preparing to spend my 2nd christmas with them. Love you babies & still not an hour goes by that I don't think of you and wish you were here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Oh honey! I wish I could give you a hug! I think about the boys actual due date too- it's funny how you remember those things- I don't even know what my other kids' due-dates were. Though I can tell myself that it isn't really important- it probably isn't unless it's dreams that you're missing out on and the what-its and the should'ves... September 25th- I hope that as you see this you are at peace and I hope to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteHugs friend!
Laura