Monday, May 18, 2009

Two Pair of Empty Shoes

We have officially begun cleaning out the "other room", I always stumble when thinking of the appropriate name, it started off as the office, pre-kids, then it was a spare room at one time, and then it was to be Kiersten & Brooklyn's bedroom. When the girls were born we had much of the items we needed, but we did not have the room actually painted and set up. Since that room was to be theirs, all the things we had bought for them were in there, along with the old boxes of office stuff. Pretty much the door of that room has been closed since those early days, except to get random things out of it, throw in some new and the few occasions I attempted to organize some keepsakes, etc.... anyways the time has come, where we begin to clean the room out, as it will be Drew's new room and the baby will have his old room. Yesterday, we cleared at least 76% of the things out of that room. I found a bag up in the closet, it was a gift bag, I pulled it down and inside were a few items that someone had bought for the girls, early on in the pregnancy, before we even knew the gender, it was cute to look at those things, but them deeper in the bag I spotted 2 boxes... Kevin saw them to and said are those shoes? in fact they were, I had completely forgotten I had bought them for Kiersten & Brooklyn, little black dress shoes, for their first Christmas... my heart sank, and I for some reason fought back the tears... it was a struggle.... something about those shoes, and the reminder of all the hopes, and dreams, seeing them again threw me back to the day I bought them, the excitement and the naiveness to what my future would hold or not hold in my arms for very long... I will hold those baby girls forever in my heart and memories.

3 comments:

  1. Those are such precious memories. I haven't had the courage to go into "the room" yet either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you friend and sending prayers and peace! They're watching over you all- and their new sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah yes the "room" That was very hard for us too. Sending you big hugs!

    ReplyDelete