Thursday, May 28, 2009

This and that, mainly baby related...

Here and there we have bought a few things for this baby, then this weekend we stopped in Birch Run at the Carter's and took advantage of some Memorial Day sales. We bought a decent amount of stuff, but did not go overboard. It was sort of a weird feeling to be shopping for her... and at Carter's. Shortly before the girls were born we stocked up on Summer clothes for the twins at the Carter's in West Branch, sadly we ended up returning most everything after they passed. So needless to say making the purchases this time around was fun, but also sorta scary, the thought "will we be actually putting these clothes to use or returning them" crossed both our minds. But we are thinking positive and moving forward, preparing for this little one, just as we have with the others. Drew also had quit the fun time picking out things for his sister... let's just say I could not say "no" to him, so a lot of stuff was picked out by him. It was so funny, he grabbed this one outfit, which had a rainbow on it and said "Mommy's Dream Come True", and said in the cutest voice "Oh my gosh....." I thought it was cute too, and then later in the day I got to thinking about the symbolism of that outfit, you know how they refer to a SPALS baby as a "Rainbow Baby".. anyway I thought it was cool, the outfit is 12 months though so it will be a while before she can wear it. Then yesterday I was at Target and could not help buying her a few more clothing items.... I am addicted to shopping for her I think, someone needs to take the debit card away - lol!
Over the weekend while we were up north at the family cabin, we mainly just relaxed... we went to the dirt track races on Saturday, but unfortunately were not able to stay long as baby scared me a little bit, ok alot! I had just awoken from a nap before we left, but on the way there I noticed that I had not been feeling her move, which is unlike her, so I had a caffeine free coke, still nothing, then a candy bar, still nothing, then went to lay on my side in the car, and still nothing.... the tears began to flow, I was scared.... we then drove to the nearest up north hospital... more like flew, as I thin Kevin was doing like 100mph, much to our relief she was ok, we could hear her HB & her kicking all around on the NST, I just could not feel her, as she must have flipped. They monitored her for a little bit and sent us on our way. I must say the nurse was extremely nice, but the hospital really made us appreciate what we have back home - thinking I will be keeping up north trips to a very minimum this summer, oh yeah, and I will be taking the doppler like everywhere in case little missy decides to pull a flip stunt again.

1 comment:

  1. I know I heard all this at coffee- but being a blogger- had to leave a comment! :-) Glad you're back (to the blogging world!)
    Hugs-
    L

    ReplyDelete