Happy 2nd Birthday to our precious daughters! The day started off with just Kevin & I, conversing early in the morning. Then the rest of the morning went slowly, the kids and I headed out to purchase flowers for the cemetery, a bunch of roses - a dozen red and mixed colors. We also bought a mum for the pumpkin pal, and balloons. Drew had a meltdown at the store, because he wanted to buy a pumpkin, I told him "no", not realizing he wanted to buy it for his "sissy's at the cemetery" (his words), so we both stand in Kroger, him bawling, and me holding him trying to keep myself together. Those are the moments that hurt the most, seeing him upset about his angel sisters.
I took Drew to school for a few hours, and Olivia and I went out and visited with the girls. This was the first time O had been actually out to the site. It was a nice visit, and I s
pent a lot of time reflecting and crying. In the evening the four of us went out as a family and released some special balloons, then did dinner, and sang happy birthday and ate the cake that Drew & I made the night before (is'nt it beautiful, lol). It really was a full day, and it was nice, especially the closeness I felt with my family.
Back to what I said earlier, hard to believe it's been 2 years since they were born, and 2 years since we said hello & goodbye in the same day to our first daughter, Kiersten... Kevin and I discussed this yesterday. While the pain is not as raw, it still seems like yesterday, but I know it was not, so much has changed in our lives since then. We were blessed to have them in our lives, even if for a short while. Thank you god for Kiersten & Brooklyn, wishing they had a wonderful party up in heaven.






Ah- Happy Birthday sweet girls! It's amazing how time can change things- and yet not- they'll always be just a whisper away! Thinking of you friends!!!! <3
ReplyDelete