
The hospital where we delivered the girls hosts an annual walk called, "Walk To Remember". This is a short walk in memory of all the babies that were lost during pregnancy, or early in their life. It's a nice little gathering, we are given balloons, pink, blue or white depending on the gender you lost, their are beautiful programs, and little momentos - 1 set for the house and 1 to be tied to the Mother Tree, the special tree that is in the memory garden which we walk to. The walk is always held in the Fall, which is perfect timing for us, although this year it was on Kevin's birthday, I did feel a little bad for him. This year the momentos for the house were little magnets, with flowers on them and the refresh

ments of cider and donuts were amazing. Kevin and I have attended every year since losing Kiersten & Brooklyn, but this year we decided to take the kids. Still not sure if that is something we will continue to do, as Drew had a mini-meltdown over missing his sissy's while we were there. And it also added a little chaos, where I did not feel I could totally reflect on why I was there, and show emotion... someone told me though thats how it should probably be, while we will always miss our daughters, our life will go on and grow...
(Figurine made by a H.U.G.S family, I laid my 2 roses on it)
HUGS!!!
ReplyDeleteThis was my first year knowing about October was National Awareness Month. I did the candle lighting on the 15th and noticed that so many hospitals had the "Walk To Remember" fund raisers. I gave a donation to one in Naperville, IL. It's beautiful to remember all the babies who left too soon. I wish I could do more to help heal your heart and the hearts of all the women who have lost their child/children.
ReplyDeleteI continue to pray for your comfort. God Bless.