Friday, January 9, 2009

Weekday Mornings with a 3 year old

Well as any working woman can imagine, making it to work on time can be challenging - now add a 3 year old into the mix and things get real "iffy". Normal routine is I wake up, shower, do make-up, brush teeth, then start waking Drew up. Notice I did not mention doing my hair prior to waking him up..... it's because I never know exactly how the wake-up process will go each day, depending on how it went, will be the deciding factor if hair is wet in a ponytail (very professional looking) or actually dried & straightened. I have to admit that most days this week have been ponytail, part myself to blame to though, as I am battling a cold and don't exactly feel like getting up. So the reason for my post is that I wanted to share the funny morning we had today. So Drew was actually in our room sleeping on his Thomas Couch, as we awoke at about 1:30am from his own bed. When I went to wake him up, he said "Pull me by my feet", so I grabed his ankles anf flipped him around, he thought that was funny and of course we had to do it again. So finally he is up, we go into the bathroom so he can potty up, wash his hands, face and brush his teeth.... finally we make it back into his room to get dressed. I put on him what I thought was one of his favorite shirts, a fleece hoody. He looks at me and says "Mom, I don't want this shirt, I'll be too hot", oh my mistake, this is something new as just last week he was in a phase where he would wear the hoody all day up on his head, because his "head was cold", so of course with patience I let the prince choose another shirt, he of course choses the race car one because "tomorrow I am racing cars" he says. So finally he is dressed, we are ready to leave his room, and under his bed he spots..... His firefighter hat, which Papa Schultz gave him. He says "Mom I want to wear my fireman hat to school", ok fine I say, he grabs it and we proceed down the stairs, of course he has a little delay from some eye issue on the stairs. We make it downstairs, he needs to take his antibiotic, and I need to get him a juice for the car ride. He then begins saying he needs his chapstick... Oh yes I said chapstick..... Drew likes chapstick and is actually very responsible with it, so the last few days he takes his "Orange Crush flavor" to school in his pocket. Finally he gets the chapstick from the livingroom, at this point we are 10 minutes behind schedule. He climbs into the car, firehat on, I buckle him we are ready to go and he says "FIRE SAFETY", he looked so cute!!! So at this point I figured, hell we are already late... this is a "Kodak Moment" so yep, I got out of the car, went back in grabbed the camera and snaped this shot (I'll post later). So yes mornings at our house are a little crazy, but they can be SO much fun too! I figure being 10 minutes late for work, is SO worth enjoying the happiness Drew brings me....... what I would love to see is Kevin have a morning with Drew to get him ready, and drop him at school - LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment