Tuesday, April 6, 2010

2010 Florida Vacation

A few months ago, I thought it would be nice to take advantage of my current work schedule, to head south down to Florida to visit my Dad. I debated for a long time, taking into consideration it would be me ALONE on the plane with a 4 year old and a 7 month old... well I decided no matter how bad the ride was, it was only 1 day, and I can handle anything for just one day. However, to my surprise, Drew & Olivia were pretty much PERFECT on the plane rides, and we even had a layover both ways, so I was very fortunate! The biggest obstacle, was when I had to pee... have you ever crammed 3 people in the small airplane potty (imagine baby on my lap). I did learn on the return flight, if you ask, a flight attendant just might sit with your kids (works well when they are sleeping). Drew was excited to see Papa Schultz, and I was excited for Olivia to meet him for the 1st time! It was a HUGE bonus that my brother (aka Uncle Jeff) came down to play with us for a few days. Drew had a blast at the Ocean with Uncle Jeff, it was his first time in the Ocean... he built sandcastles, and played on Jeff's boogie board. We were fortunate to see dolphins playing around not far from shore, and Drew saw his 1st jellyfish (thank god no one got stung). Another fun adventure was Magic Kingdom... Olivia's 1st (I have always imagined and prayed to be able to take a little princess there, so it was a "Dream Come True") and Drew's 2nd time there and I was really hoping for a very magical day - but I guess you don't always get what you wish for. Drew had fun, but the 1st time excitement was not there, and he definitely was not on his best behavior... poor Uncle Jeff, is all I can say - it's a good thing he loves us! Some of our other adventures included, hanging out at the river fishing, building more sandcastles, kayaking, visit to the parks, and the Brevard Zoo was a BIG hit! Drew got to play chef with Papa Schultz, in baking the famous Drew Apple pie, and grilling. Another BONUS when visiting my Dad, is you definitely eat good! I asked him if he would come home with me and be our personal chef (haha). We were in Florida from March 23rd-April 2nd, and did something just about everyday, the vacation flew by! It was a great time for us, and I enjoyed just getting away... although almost 2 weeks with no hubby, and the kids by myself, makes me feel like I am ready for another vacation...SOLO - haha! just had to throw that in there... but really I am a lucky lady to have such wonderful kids (minus the occasional moment), I realize not every mother could travel solo with children.

2 comments:

  1. Great job Mama!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip- we're in FL now and I've been blogging about it! Gotta love vacays! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you had a great trip and you are brave to do it alone (well almost). So nice to spend time with family.

    ReplyDelete