Tuesday, April 20, 2010

God Bless Olivia Grace

A long awaited day finally happened... Olivia Grace was baptized on April 11, 2010. Ever since the day Olivia was born I anticipated her baptism, and looked forward to it. I actually wanted it to happen sooner than 7 months old, but I held out, in hopes that my Mom could be here to witness it. As an extra bonus to my Mom coming home, my Grandparents who live in Florida were also able to be with us. Along with them, a group of immediate family, some of our closest friends, and our favorite pastor, who has done everything for our family was with us on this very special day... The ceremony was private, short and sweet. Olivia was so happy and calm when the holy water hit her head. I was holding her, and it was the most peaceful feeling. Afterward we had a luncheon back at the house, the weather was gorgeous especially for an April day, the kids all played outside. Olivia received some beautiful gifts, and I got a little teary as I thanked everyone for sharing this long awaited, special day with us.
Thank you god for Olivia, for blessing our family with the most precious and good natured daughter. Thank you for this day... God bless Olivia Grace.
(Olivia's Great Grandmother, Bev, handmade her gown, hat and booties)

No comments:

Post a Comment