Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Drew's Surgery
The plan is that Drew will have his surgery tomorrow, at last... the adenoids removed and tubes in the ears. Of course pending that his lungs sound clear... he has been doing pretty good the last few days, although of course this morning he would wake up coughing with a yellow mucousy nose and eyes.... he is still covered by his antibiotic though, number 7 I think.... seriously he needs this surgery and needs to get better!!!! This morning, I was telling him that if he is healthy enough tomorrow that Dr. B will do his surgery, Drew's response was "He is gonna rip me open, with a Ife (knife)" he was like laughing about it, not sure how he would even know what surgery is, but of course I played that down, and was happy that at least for now he is not scared at all. He likes his doctor alot, and loves saying is funny name. So fingers crossed, tomorrow will be the day. Please say some extra prayers, for him that all will go well. To be honest I am quit terrified of Drew being put under... I am trying to remain calm and think happy thoughts, but in all reality I know reality and the possibilities, and nothing scares me more. So please pray for Drew tomorrow, and that this surgery gets my little man better! I will be sure to keep everyone posted on how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I'll be prayin'!
ReplyDelete:-)
I hope it goes well!
ReplyDeleteI'll be thinking of you and Drew and praying for you both. I was 4 when my adenoids came out and believe it or not it was a happy time for me. I got to eat ice cream and play with my dolls and waved to my mom when I came out of the recovery room. Be strong Mom!
ReplyDeleteAmanda