Monday, February 16, 2009
Todays Appt. - 10weeks 5 days
So today I had my regular OB appointment, I am 10 weeks & 5 days. Kevin was able to make todays appointment, it was unexpected, but I was happy to have him there. This was his first appointment with this little one. He got to see first hand how nerve wracking it is to sit in that ultrasound room, awaiting to hear the beating heart of baby. Usually I stare at the ceiling light, but today I knew Kevin was there, so it was a little easier. After the tech did some of her stuff, we got to hear the heartbeat, which was 168 today, and then we got to see the little one. It was curled up today, butt up in the air. You could tell it had grown since last week, but you could not really see the little features much, as it was face down today. Either way it was just reassuring to hear and see baby today... Kevin asked about the bleed to the tech, and she said "I think its gone", but then said she would get measurements to compare to last week. So turns out the subchorionic bleed is still there, but its SHRINKING, yey! the doc said its very thin. The tech could not even measure it because it was so small, so I am SUPER excited about that! Thank you all for the wonderful prayers and happy thoughts! In regards to the MTHFR & rising homocysteine levels the doc. just said I will continue on the baby aspirin a day, and the high levels of folic acid, she did not seem to concerned. I will meet with the MFM, high risk doctor in 2 weeks for a consult, so we shall see what she says. Until then I will have to take comfort in what the OB says, she is great! I also have the first screen at the same time. So looking forward to seeing baby on the big screen at the hospital! I have been having some pretty bad back pain, basically my options are PT, massage or light chiropratic. I have never been a fan of chiropractors, but I think I may give it a whirl... I have done PT so many time for back issues, and also with the pregnancy with the girls, I just really don't have the time, especially with my longer work hours now. The doctor also mentioned that the placenta is low lying, but we are not gonna worry about that right now.
So for now I am so happy to report that things are looking good with this little one. Each week it gets realer and realer... My next peek at baby is March 2nd, weird 2 weeks away, since this pregnancy began I have been at the doctors each week. Hoping that the next report is that the bleed is completely GONE! Due date is 09/09/09 - pretty easy to remember.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Yippy Yahoo! So happy to hear all the good news! Hopefully next weeks appointment for me will be as good as yours!
ReplyDeleteSounds great! I also had a low lying placenta with my last pregnancy. It moved up and wasn't a problem at all.
ReplyDelete