Today was a busy day full of doctor appointments. I started the morning out bright and early at the ENT doctor for the ENG. Basically its a test where they hook you up to a few electrodes, and perform a series of tests. The last test they did made me super dizzy, so dizzy I almost got sick.. so they let me stop. Good news is that the results of all tests were normal. The ENT thinks the dizziness is a result of pregnancy, having extra fluid or something. Either way, I am happy to report no dizzy spells in the last few days and I have not even taken the antivert. So we shall see, but for now I am happy the room is not spinning.
The second appointment of the day, was the highlight of my day, what I had been looking forward to for a few weeks, the ultrasound at the hospital to take a look at baby girls anatomy, to have a second look that nothing was being missed which could be the cause of the extra amniotic fluid. The tech. I had was very nice, and took her time looking over baby. She noted that everything looks good with baby's anatomy, however baby is a BIG GIRL and the extra fluid is still very much there.
Baby is measuring in the 95% percentile now. I am 28w5d and baby's head and limbs I think were measuring like 29 1/2 weeks and her tummy was measuring like 32 weeks (apparently she is a chubby one). So overall she is measuring a few weeks ahead of schedule, but that could all change as the weeks pass. Unfortunately, the fluid is still on the rise, its now 31 (or 310 however you read it), as you might recall 9/10 days ago it was 26... so they will continue monitoring the fluid, and are just concerned about pre-term labor. I spoke with my regular doctor on the phone after the u/s and she mentioned doing u/s every 2 weeks to keep an eye on the fluid, and ordering a few more blood tests. So that is it for now... basically, I am growing a big girl, they estimate her at 3lbs.2oz., and I have a lot of fluid...can't wait for the uterus measurement next monday (ha). Just waiting for the resting to help out and start decreasing the fluid.






Ah- Glad she is o.k!!!! And I'm also glad that you get these extra u/s which if nothing else are great peace of mind to see her and know that she is doing well! Hang in there- Thanks for all the updates! You know I love reading your blog and especially I love that all is well! Hugs to you and your little lady!
ReplyDelete:-)
Laura
Glad they did another scan so you don't have to worry so much about the cause of the extra fluid, but so sad to hear that it hasn't slowed down. Well it's great she is measuring ahead, just in case she does make an early arrival. She is getting stronger and bigger everyday! Hang in there with the bedrest and hooray for seeing her every other week.
ReplyDelete