Went to the doctor on Friday morning for my ultrasound to check on baby & fluid levels, due to the increase in larger measuring on Thursday & weight change. As I was thinking the Amniotic Fluid has increased, the level is just over 26 now. The doctor indicated that at this time they believe the extra fluid is for unknown reasons, as to date no abnormalities have been found in baby, and I passed my glucose test, so it does not seem to be a sugar issue. He indicated they would continue to monitor the fluid, and cervix on a weekly basis with regular appointments and u/s every 3 weeks or more often if needed. The biggest concern about the extra fluid is "Pre-term labor". We are going to try doing a partial bedrest, to possibly reduce the AF level & take weight off cervix. Doctor indicated there are risks in draining fluid and would not be done until I can no longer breath, as of right now I just have the shortness of breath. On a positive note the cervix still looks long and closed. As of right now still trying to work something out with my employer, maybe doing some work from home, as I will have no leave benefits, we shall see how that turns out.
Nothing showed in the bloodwork they did for the recent strikings of lightheadedness/dizziness. So maybe it is due to extra fluid??? I have no idea, but it still continues. I am starting to notice now when a fullblown dizzy spell is coming on though, which I suppose is good. I was a little shocked though yesterday when I felt faint during dinner last night, while actually eating a salad. And I was a little alarmed last night when I was awoken out of a dead sleep at 2:30am to feeling very dizzy, especially since I was laying on my left side and all. I shifted to my right side, and laid there, until eventually I fell back asleep.
So this is the latest and greatest. I am lucky to have a helpful husband, who is a caring father and #1 priority is to get his baby here safely. I thank you all for the continued prayers, and concern.
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I'm loving my blogroll because I'm seeing your update right away- Thank you for the updates! As always you remain in my prayers- if there is anything I can do for you please let me know- Can I bring you a meal or something?? Rest-rest-rest- Keep positive adn remember that you are being soooo watched- I hope that brings some comfort- love you and continuing to pray!
ReplyDeleteHugs-
L