Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bedrest has begun

So it's official I am on partial bedrest... the goal and plan are to be laying down and resting as much as possible. We hope that by doing this the Amniotic Fluid will decrease or at least not continue to grow at the rate it has been. Our number one priority is to get baby girl here safely, and at term. I am 28 weeks today, so I am thinking 10 more weeks to go, its my personal goal, although I know the docs have been saying if I can get to 34 weeks, that would be great. I am not sure what I am going to do to pass the weeks now, I am day #2 on being out of work, and although I have been sleeping alot due to the dizziness & meds., I have learned that daytime TV is not the greatest. I have a few books I could read, but first I have to get this dizziness to go away, little difficult to read in this condition. I am fortunate that my employer is going to allow me to do some work from home, at least up to 20 hours a week worth, and although its at a decreased payrate, it will still provide some income for me, and hopefully will help to pass the time. I just got the office phone yesterday, and will be getting the laptop loaded with all the programs I need today, basically I will have a virtual office here at home. I am excited to try it out, and thankful for the opportunity to do so.
On Monday, I will be having a ENG done, ordered by the ENT to see if it will show cause dizziness, any inner ear issues. He is not hopeful it will, and is thinking this is pregnancy related. I wish they could just figure out the cause and fix it, this is a pretty miserable feeling. Also, Monday afternoon is the ultrsound at Perinatology, so excited to have that second look at baby as well.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you girl, I hope this goes by quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you are able to do some work from home to help you pass the time... Hang in there! Also hoping that you at least can find some answers to your dizzy spells- thinking of you always! Hugs

    ReplyDelete