Tuesday, July 7, 2009

30week5day Ultrasound & Doctor update

Yesterday, I had my every 2 week ultrasound to check on the amniotic fluid and baby girls growth. I took Drew with me this time, as he wanted to see his sissy... but once we were in the room, all he really cared about was looking at her head, and the "JELLO" as he called it (u/s jelly) on my belly, he kept wanting to touch it. Anyway baby is still looking good and big! her belly is in the 95% percentile and the rest of her body is in the 91% percentile, they have her at 4lb.2oz., so about the size of a 32.5 weeker... if she keeps up this growth and I make it to term she could be a pretty big girl. The u/s revealed that while the AF is still high, it has decreased since 2 weeks ago. Two weeks ago is was 311 and yesterday is was 270, so super excited to hear that, the partial bedrest must be working. The cervix is still closed and cooperating, although it is starting to shorten we are still within safe zone. Today I had my regular OB appointment, blood pressure is good, and uterus is measuring 36 weeks. Doctor says if I can just make it 3 more weeks I will be in a good place. I of course am hoping to make it much longer, but at least there magic number is getting closer. I will start NST's next week at the hospital, will still have weekly cervix checks at OB office, and then bi-weekly u/s at perinatology, so the schedule is going to start filling up with baby appointments. So all in all things are going well! I have been getting some bad stomachaches lately, so they are gonna have me try going off the extra iron supplement and instead eat a box of raisens for the extra iron I need - I am hoping this helps!
So we are gettng close, and I am getting anxious... her room is done now (well minus the wall decals), and the drawers are filling up! I will have to take some pictures soon! Please continue keeping our littlest daughter in your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Great news Renae! We will keep you in our prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you've got my prayers! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete