Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Weekly OB Appt.

I had my weekly OB appointment today. Main purpose is to check my cervix, listen to baby's heartbeat and measure the uterus. Good news is the cervix has not changed since I was in the hospital last week. The heartbeat was good in the 140's, and the uterus is measuring 37weeks (I am actually only 31 weeks). Along with the sporadic contractions, I have started cramping, which I find more uncomfortable then the contractions. The doctors are saying that since I have so much extra amniotic fluid, the uterus is stretching big, and causing the body to try to go into labor, really it's just a matter of time and it will happen. The doctor I saw today informed me that I need to be on bedrest firmly until 34 weeks, so either laying down or with feet reclined in a 45 degree position (hence how I am able to be typing right now). I am permitted to get up for the essentials, i.e. shower daily, bathroom, make myself something to eat. I am thankful that the magic week is not too far away, but still bummed about this stricter rest than I have been doing. I just need to look past the messes and things that will go undone around the house, and my focus on my main objective: making it to at least 34 weeks and that Drew is taken care of and not too much effected by all of this.
So for now I will rest, pray that baby stays in there and maybe the fluid will go down? Weird to think that she could be here for real in a few weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you friend! Hang in there- My guess is anything that Drew is missing out on will be forgotten as soon as his baby sister arrives! (hopefully not for a while yet!)
    Hugs-
    L

    ReplyDelete