Today I met someone new, a relative of a friend. She proceeded to tell me about how she was on bedrest during pregnancies, and asked why I was. I told her it was because of increased amniotic fluid and that the docs. were concerned about pre-term labor... she instantly told me, "oh the baby will be fine if born now"... "I know so and so who's baby was 1 lb. something, and 4 months early"... "oh those premature babies do just fine these days, grow up fine, etc...." you get the drift.... For me it was one of those moments where I am biting my tongue and wondering if I should unleash my story on a stranger.... well I just could'nt let this one go, anymore and said "Well actually my premature daughter who was born almost 2 years ago, at almost 28 weeks died". Point being that I don't even want another premature baby, I can't even imagine walking into another NICU type setting... of course I could tell by the look on her face she felt bad, she apologized for my loss, and then immediatly said "Well where did you deliver?" like somehow incinuating it must be the hospitals fault that Brooklyn did not live. Anyways, I don't know how she walked away from the conversation feeling, maybe like she wished she never said anything or maybe un-effected?
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment