Friday, July 3, 2009

H.U.G.S Dinner Tuesday

(Just a handful of us who were at dinner Tuesday)
In October 2007, just a few weeks after losing our second daughter, Brooklyn, Kevin & I attended our first of many H.U.G.S. meeting (support group) at the hospital where the girls were delivered. I remembered how nervous I personally felt walking into that room, we were in such a dark place in our lives, and grieving so deeply, now to be surrounded by strangers. What I remember most about that first meeting was shedding a lot of tears, at my own life story and the other stories of lost angels, the other thing I remember most is how welcomed I felt. How these "all women" at the time welcomed us with open arms, and how some of them looked so familiar. There were 2 people in particular who looked so familiar, and to me it was so strange, almost like I had met them before. Through the regular meetings, events, coffees, etc. I have been given such support and made some wonderful friends, that I am truly thankful for. I honestly, don't think I would be in the same place today without the support of other angel mama's I have met. I hope that I have been just as helpful to you all as well. So glad that our angels brought us all together, I like to think that they are all playing in heaven together.

1 comment: