Monday, July 13, 2009

Papa S Visits for a Week...

Typically my Dad comes up for a visit every summer, although last summer he could not as he had to have a few surgeries. Drew & I went down to his house this past fall for a little visit though, which was very nice. Anyways, we have been anticipating his summer visit for a while now. Unfortunately, his visit was cut short by 2 weeks, as it turns out he needs to have surgery on his foot due to glass he stepped on while fishing before he left for Michigan. We made the best of the short time we had him and Linnette here though. I wish I did not have to be on the partial bedrest so I could have hung out more with them, but I was thankful that Drew got to spend quality time with his Papa and go on fun adventures. They went to most of the local parks, fishing, walks, swimming, bike rides and 4-H Fair all in one week. They certainly wore each other out! Drew slept until noon today... and is already asking when Papa will come back, I wish that he lived closer!!! I am hopeful that the 4 of us can visit Papa over Thanksgiving, fingers crossed! Love you Dad, thanks for the visit! and Linnette too....

No comments:

Post a Comment