Friday, July 10, 2009

Contractions...

Last night turned out to be my first night of my life that I was hospitalized for something other than having a baby. Although, it was baby related. I started feeling a weird pressure feeling I guess you could say yesterday around 5pm, when it did not seem to go away after a few hours, I called the OB who advised going in to be checked. Longer story short... they monitored me while doing other tests and discovered I was contracting. They tried IV fluids to see if I was dehydrated, however that seemed to make the contractions even more frequent. They ended up admitting me, and kept me on the monitors. Baby seems to be doing good, and liked to keep the nurses working with her gymnastics. The good news is that while I was contracting fairly frequently, on all 3 cervix checks things down below remained unchanged, just a fingertip now. By the time I saw my doctor later this morning the contractions were still there, but had become less frequent and I was given the choice of where I wanted to relax... I chose home, since those beds are not so comfy, and home is always the best. I have to rest and go back in if I am having contractions 4-6 times an hour. If I end up back in there, they may have to administer the medicine to make them stop and would start considering the steriod shots for baby's lungs.
They are having me do an NST on sunday, and will be getting them twice a week, instead of once as previously planned. The doctors are suspecting that the high amniotic fluid is the reason for the contractions. So I will be laying extra low, and just praying I can keep little girl cooking at least 3 more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment