Today was the big day, the BIG ULTRASOUND, what is commonly referred to as the 20 weeker. Well today I am 19 weeks 5 days, and today was the day. We went back and forth on finding out the gender, at first neither of us wanted to know, and then as time inched on I wanted to know, but Kevin did not. Well finally he decided he wanted to know to.
I was nervous for this ultrasound, praying that everything was healthy with baby, since I now know the real reason of this ultrasound, and have met so many wonderful people who received devastating news at this point in pregnancy.
I woke up this morning at 3:30am with a terrible headache, and from that point forward it was one thing after the next went wrong, even Drew's behavior was not good! I was nervous for the appointment and started to feel it as the appt. time neared. I was so thankful when I pulled up and saw Kevin there in the parking lot waiting for me. I was at least glad that whatever came of the appointment he would be there with me.
Baby was extremely active today, giving the tech a bit of a rough time to get the measurements she needed, it was like play chase the baby. It was nice though, because it was that much longer we got to watch our amazing baby, although I did need to pee badly due to the full bladder. She told us she would tell us the gender when she could tell. Apparently, baby was happy for us to know, as it revealed itself without problem...... God has answered our prayers and blessed us with another baby GIRL. It was nice to hear that we were having another girl, although we really were content with either. Although its no surprise that we were hoping we might get a chance to live out our dreams of raising a little girl. The tech finished with the rest of the u/s and at the end she did a 4D u/s of baby girls face... OMG, I lost it, and the tears rolled...... I could not even talk for a minute. She looks just like her big sister Kiersten. After the u/s I walked the hall to the room, bathroom - just crying... I could not stop myself, it was all bittersweet and of course the tears were happy ones! Kevin was asking me, "Are you ok"... "did you not like the way she looked", he just needed to know why I was crying like I was.
The doctor came in, which is the doctor who delivered the girls, and encouraged us to get pregnant again, she has been with us through the entire journey, I think she was just as excited as we are, "It's a GIRL" she shouted. She went over the u/s results with us and she told us the anatomy, growth all looked really good! I will start having u/s for growth every 3 weeks, and a little later they will start with NST's. Also, some more great news is that the placenta has moved, so it is no longer a cause for concern. I feel so blessed right now! Please continue to pray for a healthy, happy ending - I need to bring his baby home!






Yay congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteYeah!!!! Oh Renae I am so happy for you! This absolutely wonderful news! you are blessed! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteJoAnna
Hello,
ReplyDeleteI linked to your blog from Designer Blogs. I wanted to say a couple of things to you I hope you don't mind.
As a mother myself to twin angels in heaven (boys, lost on 1.31.09) I am very sorry to hear about your loss. You daughters are beautiful. I am also excited to see that you are pregnant again. My DH and I are going to be getting pregnant again in June with our second round of fertility treatments.
I wish you nothing but peace and luck with your new baby girl on the way.
Many blessings...
~courtney