The past several days I have felt emotional, it started shortly before Easter... I realized I was being hit with a wave of grief, a wave of grief from missing Kiersten & Brooklyn... it always throws me for a loop when these waves arise, just so unexpected and triggered by almost anything. I dealt with that, cried some much needed tears and felt normal again, or at least what is normal for me. The weekend came, and went by too fast. I was grateful to Kevin for taking Drew grocery shopping with him while I went out to buy some new clothes. And although my shopping trip was not productive, just having some alone time was nice. Kevin is such a wonderful husband, and always has been, but he has been so helpful and willing lately I just can't thank him enough. I am lucky to have him for my husband. Monday came and went and Drew & I had a great day. Drew has been such a sweetie these past few days, and has actually been wearing his listening ears even when daddy is not around. I don't know why I am rambling about this, I guess I just want to reflect on life at this moment, this second and it feels good and I feel blessed. Blessed for an amazing family, 2 daughters who have taught me so much about life and for this new miracle growing inside of me.
Monday night & Tuesday, however threw me into a little worry when baby was not moving much or none, I seriously thought I would need to go in, just for reassurance that the little heart was still beating. But finally after a warm bath, dinner and dessert the little bean finally said "hello". Thank god! I just know this second half of pregnancy is gonna be a ride... Kevin talked to baby last night and told it to behave and not to scare mommy anymore, so hopefully it will listen - lol! so far today it is... could be the chocolate donut I fed it for breakfast though?
Today I am feeling good, happy baby is moving and satisfied that last nights injection was a little easier on me, as the last few had been quit rough, possibly b/c the skin is getting so bruised and just tight.
I finally started my written journal last night to this baby (better late then never), it felt really good to put something on paper. As many of you know I never got around to writting to Kiersten & Brooklyn, and documenting the pregnancy as I had with Drew and it's a regret I have.
We appreciate the continued support & prayers for a happy outcome for Baby Bragg - xoxo






Love it! This blog brought me peace friend- I felt it in your words. The waves of grief will come but what has changed is you have that peace when the waves of grief subside. Love you and praying for your little peanut! I remember (especially in my pregnancy with Al) how scary it was- and I wish you lots of peace- and lots of kicks!
ReplyDeleteHugs-
Oh, I am going to have to second what Laura says. I love that peaceful feeling of knowing how blessed we are! Hold on to that Renae, it helps! Sending you big hugs and lots of peace! JoAnna
ReplyDelete