Saturday, I got to spend the entire day with my best friend Tracy. I would'nt just normally blog about a day, except this day was filled with fun & weird things. We started off hitting a few Mom 2 Mom sales, where we both got some great buys! We then grabbed some yummy lunch, and headed to the nail salon for our much needed pedicures. Within 4 minutes of arriving at the salon the BIG storm swept through, and out the power went... the winds were high & gushing, and the rain was literally sideways... we sat in the chairs, just hoping the storm would blow over, the power would come back and we could get the pedi's we longed for, especially after a busy day on our feet. The storm was not really letting up, and the power showed no signs of coming back on, but the 2 lady workers offered to still do our pedis, by candlelight and at a slightly discounted rate, since the massage chairs obviously were not working, hence the no power. So we went for it! As we sat in the chairs, not knowing if a tornado might be around the corner, I looked at Tracy and said "well if we are gonna die today, this is not a bad way to go out, getting a pedi" I can't say it was the best paint job I have ever got, but I can say that it was the BEST leg massage and most relaxing pedicure I ever received! It was a moment I will never forget (wish I had the camera with me). To sum up the day, we came home to no power, with random neighbors shingles in my driveway, branches everywhere. Ended up grilling out with the Topij's, and coming home and sleeping. Power finally came back on later Sunday... we lost a lot of food, and had to go grocery shopping today.
Had a real fun, memorable day with you friend!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment