Anyone in the world who wants to know we are "expecting a baby" can... except my precious Drew. We are not ready to tell him of his sibling that is growing each day inside my tummy. Basically, Kevin & I feel that he has been through more than any little boy should, and knows more about death & heaven then I would prefer or ever planned for him. I feel like this pregnancy has been a rollercoaster ride, and while mostly up, has had it's unexpected whirls of upside downs. We now know that just because you get a positive pregnancy test, does not mean you will be bringing home a healthy, alive baby in 9 months. So anyway we have decided to wait until this baby is at a viable gestation to mention that we are "expecting" to him. We still know at that stage their is no guarantee (obvioulsy), but we also know that should something happen, there will be no hidding it, there would be the same after effects and arrangements as with Kiersten & Brooklyn. So Drew is 3 and pretty naive to my expanding belly, he has not said anything about it, he just comments on some of the new maternity shirts I have been sporting, saying "thats a pretty shirt, etc.". I figured we will be fine, as long as no one says the B-A-B-Y around him!
Well would'nt you know it.... yesterday I walked into Drew's class to pick him up, and one of the 4 year old girls (obviously much more aware only a year older) looks up at me and says, "Drew's Mom, your having a BABY", I continued talking with Drew, trying to distract him, she then proceeds to tell all the kids, that "Drew's mom looks like she is having a baby", then a little boy in his class, asks "When is the baby coming". By now I am giving the poor kids the evil look, and just say I don't know, any answer that would shut them up before Drew caught on... YIKES, that was close! I am worried now though that they will continue to ask Drew about it. I certainly don't want him to find out from his classmates... and it's not that I don't want him to know... hell he is the most important person in my life... I am jsut trying to protect his little heart.
So I gotta think this one through and see what we might do? if Kevin had his way, we would not be telling Drew until the baby is here and well - he is a very protective daddy.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I remember when I was little my sister asked a woman at church when she was having her baby, and she said: "My baby is 4. I'm just fat." My mother was so embarrassed! Kids are so funny!
ReplyDeleteoh gosh close call! Lets just hope you don't start getting the random stranger at the store asking when you are due! or the belly rub from a nobody! I HATE THAT. I am all about people I know touching my belly after a point but when I walk into a store and the topic is about my due date from the man looking at the icecream at the same time as me! Drives me nuts! wish you all the luck keeping this surprise!
ReplyDelete