The past few nights at the Bragg house have included talking/singing stuffed animals, resulting in Drew waking up, coming into my room with pillow in hand...
The first night Drew claimed that his stuffed Shamu whale had awoken him singing and making these obnoxious sounds, the second night it was the whale again, and a few other culprits. We decided that we would move Mr. Whale and the culprits out of his room, and put them in the spare room next door. I thought that would do the trick, but nope, at the usual time Drew entered my room, pillow in hand... When I asked him in the morning what woke him, he said "The Whale", I reminded him that the whale was no longer in his room, but he said he could hear him through the wall. SO...... I suggested we put the whale in the garage, Drew said "Yeah, or outside"... so we bagged him up and threw him in the garage. I thought surely this would help the problem... BUT all it did was change the time he walked into my room last night, at around 2am instead. This morning he said he could still hear the whale singing, but that it was Tiger who actually woke him up last night! I asked Drew what we should do about this, as we need to get some uninterrupted sleep. He suggested that we put ALL the animals in Daddy's car! If you have seen Drew's room, you would notice that he has 50+ stuffed animals. I called Kevin and told him Drew's idea, he thought the attic or grandmas sounded like a better place. I can just see Kevin now, crusin' around Detorit in the Taurus, with a mess of animals in his backseat that resembles Build-A-Bear - LOL! what a site that would be...
So I don't know what to think of this.... the fact that Drew is SO willing to give up his animals which he loves SO much, tells me that he is being woke up by something and is frustrated by it. I just wish I knew what it was for sure? Maybe his ears are extra sensitive, as he seems to have a bit of cold right now? it is the first time he has been sick since he had his ear tubes put in and the adenoids out?
Well here is hoping that removing the animals will do the job, I am just worried that next it will be his cars reving their engines waking him - LOL! I am sure it's just a phase? Shortly after we lost the girls, he would wake up at the same exact time every single night and come in my room, but after we got him a new bed that stopped. All I know for sure is that I need more sleep and uninterrupted! Trying to grow a kid here...
WISH ME LUCK!
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment