Monday, March 23, 2009
15 week & 6 day appointment
So today was my scheduled 2 week checkup. I must say I was getting anxious to hear the little heartbeat, and was so thankful today to hear it, so strong and for about a minute. She said it was in the 150's, its my favorite sound, the swooshing.... They still don't have the results back from the hematologist, but he did send them a letter last Friday, that said results were still pending, and made recommendations. So I will be starting Foltx, which is a script, of folic acid, B6 & B12 it for the hyperhomocysteinia (not sure on spelling). I have been taking 3mg folic acid extra since becoming pregnant, but this is just a script form, along with the added B vitamins, which are helpful against preventing clots. Nothing else will change until we get the results back from the hematologist, which will hopefully be soon. The doctor raised the question today if I will have a VBAC or a c-section this time.. I am so undecided, guess we will see if the placenta decides to move up and then take it from there. In all honesty, I presonally felt better after my section with the girls, as opposed to the vaginal delivery with Drew, where I had to have an episiotomy. But considering the circumstances after delivering the girls, I did not have much time to think about how I was feeling physically, since visiting Brooklyn was my #1 priority, as well as dealing with the emotions of all that had just happened, and trying to keep it all together for Drew. So who knows, maybe I would have the felt the discomforts more if it were'nt for all that.
Not much else to report, since no ultrasound today. I have another appointment in 2 weeks, and the BIG ultrasound in 4 weeks, can't wait to see this little munchkin again, I miss it. I am still not feeling the baby on a regular basis yet, but do look forward to when I do. Every now and then I will feel little moves, if I turn a certain way, etc. and I LOVE it!
So thankful for everyone's prayers and positive thoughts! keep them coming...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Sounds wonderful!!
ReplyDeleteGlad things are well! I think that C-sections suck but never had a vaginal delivery! My first one was the worst though and my last wasn't as bad... Thinking of you friend!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy it went well and I can only imagine the sweet sound of the heartbeat. I'm always thinking of you and the little one. BIG HUGS
ReplyDelete