Monday, March 2, 2009

A Day of Doctor Appointments

What a relaxing day off, NOT! in need of the weekend already... We started out the day in Pontiac at Drew's ENT for his followup appointment, from surgery. The office was packed and we waited for a long time... but the results were worth it. Doctor says Drew's ears look good, as well as the throat, and I am so HAPPY to announce that for the past few days Drew has been a healthy kid! YEY!!! He is now off of all the meds and only takes his daily vitamin. As long as all stays well Dr. B does not need to see him for 6 months. So finally we got out of there, dropped Drew at school, I came home for a brief period and back out the door for my appointments. They too were slightly behind schedule at perinatology and Kevin made it, yey! he was so worried he would miss it. We had the first screen done today, which is part u/s part blood work. The baby was totally not cooperating, and the tech had to keep pushing on my belly to try to get it to move, imagine that my baby stubborn (LOL). As I lay there I was thinking none of my other babies had ever been so difficult, not even when there were 2 in there. I did not mind so much though, because it was just that much longer I got to stare at the little kid. It kept doing something with its hand, up by the face, maybe thumb sucking... it was so cute and I was so happy that heart was still beating, 167 today. After the u/s we had to go back in the waiting room and wait for the doctor I was consulting with on the MTHFR, elevated homocysteine levels. I almost had my first moment since losing the girls where I needed to leave the room b/c of a pregnant person. A mom was in there with her about 4 year old daughter, it was made clear right away that she was pregnant with twin girls, she said their names and everything... it seemed like she wanted the entire waiting room to know that she was pregnant with twins... like somehow her pregnancy was so much more special (see you can hear my annoyance here). Anyways she went on to tell her daughter how the babies M & M would have to have there hair done to, etc... and it was at the point I wanted to shout in her face "yeah if they live", but since I am still a sane person I did not. Obviously I was just having a jealous moment, as I have twins but can't brush their hair. Anyways it just went on & on with her comments, all the way down to the double stroller her daughter was playing with, and her saying "thats a stroller for 2 babies, like mommy is gonna have", very quietly I said "can we please stop stating the obvious", I just could not take the comments anymore, finally she got called back. I normally would not be like that, but I think today was a stressful day for me, being there to talk about my previous loss, and this new pregnancy and the potential concern of the blood clotting. I just found her annoying and it rude to be so carefree talking about the pregnancy at this office, she obviously forgot what the main purpose of that office is... but I guess since she more than likely never experienced loss or issues it did not cross her mind (ok, I am done venting, thanks for letting me - sorry if I offended anyone). So finally we got called back, we were greeted by Dr. P, I was so excited to finally meet her, I really feel like she gave us our chance with Brooklyn, they night she made the call to have my doctor deliver me. We had a very long visit, where she went over all the details of the girls, and this pregnancy and my personal history. She looked up the girls autopsies (she even printed Brooklyn's for us, and finally it is complete!!!) she made calls to doctors why we there. I really liked her alot, and feel good in her hands. She is referring me to a hematologist for the elevated homocysteine levels, and is hoping to get me in this week, so we can get their opinon on if new vitamin regiman should be introduced or blood thinners other than aspirin. She said the baby looks good, and we will have first screen results back next week. From there I was off to the regular OB for an exam. So finally I returned home just before 6pm. I am tired and have a headache... I am so glad though that things are looking good, I love seeing baby and we are looking further into the blood clotting thing.

7 comments:

  1. So happy to hear the day was filled with good news and feelings! put your feet up and relax now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good news! I am glad to hear all of this. Keep us posted!
    Oh and I would have probably hurt the girl in the doctors office!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew! What a day, huh? I'm with JoAnna... would def. have had to hurt the girl in the waiting room. On a more serious note, I'm so happy you got good news today, and that things went well with Dr. P. Also glad to hear you're following up with a hemotologist re: the elevated homocysteine levels. Love your blog and all the details. xoxo Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear baby and Drew are both doing well. Sorry about the waiting room part. That is just horrible, people don't think. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone whoread & left comments. I am LOL b/c I knew for sure you HUGS moms could relate to the waiting room situation... As we were sitting there, I looked to Kevin and said "Oh I am so blogging about this" love you all,, and thankful for the continued support
    Renae

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad things are going well for your family. I don't know if I could have been quiet with that woman going on and on. I probably would have gone a little crazy on her. Renae, I was on blood thinners for my pregnancy. If you end up going on them and need any advice let me know. (Do you know they are injections?)
    Love the blog!
    Sarah (HUGS)

    ReplyDelete