Sunday, March 15, 2009

Drew's First Red Wing Game

On Tuesday, March 10th, we took Drew to his first Red Wing game ever! I was given tickets from a contractor at work, which were AWESOME, third row up from behind the goalie, talk about a high action spot, it was the best game I had ever been to, and was glad it was so cool for Drew. He recently took a liking to hockey, and in socks will slide around with his feet and does what he calls "hockeying". It was a nice little family night, Kevin picked Drew up from school, I grabbed snacks and we met in Waterford. We ended up getting to the game much earlier then expected, so we were in our seats at least 45 minutes before the game began. Drew ate 2 pieces of pizza & 1/2 a hot dog (yep thats what I said, growing spurt coming on I think). We watched the Wings warm up, and then play the game. While Drew was having a good time, after the first period he asked if we could go home now... we did not, but I understood, he is 3, it was a long day of anticipation and it in fact was getting to be bed time, considering the game did not start until 7:30pm. On the way home Drew crashed, and we were all tired the next day, but it was worth it. Oh by the way the Wings won, YEY - LET'S GO RED WINGS!"

No comments:

Post a Comment