Saturday, March 21, 2009
March For Babies
The year Drew was born I began participating in March of Dimes, I thought it was a great organization and I was so thankful to have a healthy child. Last year Kevin, Drew & I walked alone and donated alone. We participated last year for the original reasons as before, but also for the added reasons of we have lived life of the interrupted pregnancy & preemie life, and with a negative outcome. This year Kevin & I decided to create a "Family Team" we named it "Love Our Angels", for all our little angels. So far about 5 other families have signed up to walk with us, and we have met our goal! We set the team goal & personal goal at $1,000. There is more than 1 month to go before the walk, and so far our team has raised $1,051. I am so thankful for all the wonderful people who have donated to this awesome cause and can only hope that people will continue to step forward and donate and/or join our team. I also wanted to acknowledge my MIL employer, Sterling Bank & Trust. They allowed jeans for a cause day, to help our team raise money. The minimum donation was $3.00 per person and the company matched those donations. Well it was more than obvious that there are some HUGE hearts over there, considering the donations my MIL handed me totaled nearly $700.00 - it was truely amazing and we are truely grateful for the generosity. We are gearing up for the walk, attempting to raise as much money as possible (remember every single dollar counts), so hopefully one day all babies can be born healthy and those who are not will survive! We are gonna get some team shirts made as well, so as a reminder if you are thinking of joining the team or are a team member let me know right away if you want one, they will be just a little over $7.00 per person.
I do have to add that Drew is totally psyched about the walk, he sees the info. around the house and hears us talking about it, he can't wait for the walk. It was a little sad last night though, as he said "March of Dimes makes babies healthy so they can come back", it just reinforces his age and confusion over losing his sisters, it was extremely sad as we explained to him what it really was for, and that Kiersten & Brooklyn will not be coming back. He shed some tears and said how he wanted his sisters to come back... break our hearts! he is such a good big brother!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Way to go!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete