Friday, November 21, 2008
Daycare update
It's been a whole other week of daycare for Drew. He is still having tears in the mornings, and now with my later/longer work day he is trying to adjust. I think its hard for him to see many of the parents picking up, and he just keeps waiting for me to walk through the door. Kevin has been working longer hours as well, so even he can't grab Drew any earlier, although today he will. The teachers tell me that he has fun days, and I can tell he does and is learning new things. The teachers tell me he just goes into the bathroom through out the day, flips on the light, does his thing, comes back out, lowers the stool to wash his hands - he is such a BIG BOY! He won't admit to me that he does that, because at home, he makes me still take him into the bathroom, pull down his pants, etc., etc.
One thing I love about Drew is his stories, he tells them well and is so informative. A few days ago when I picked him up he was very quite, he would not talk to me for a while. Finally, he looked at me and said "mom, why that boy with the glasses slap me" he proceeded to say that boy was mean and he did not want to sleep by him anymore...... the next day I spoke with the school to find out what happened, I understand that kids hit, etc., but really I wanted to make sure Drew was telling me the truth, as he was VERY bothered by whatever had happened that day. The Director told me that something did happen in that room at nap time, she had not heard Drew was involved, but that he could have witnessed something. Well after talking with one of the teachers, she proceeded to tell me what she was not supposed to, but that this child which Drew had refered to had actually hit her very hard during naptime, so hard she was crying, and that is what Drew had seen. So it was good to know that he had most of the details correct. He is such a sweetie, it was amazing how much he cared for his teacher and how upset he was at what he had witnessed.
So other than adjusting to Drew being in school, and my new longer hours, not much is new for the week. The hours do stink though, its like we get home around 6, make dinner then its like 1 hour until bedtime, and you have to fit bathtime in somewhere, it sure makes for long tiring days..... We all look forward to the weekends, especially Drew.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I just wanted to stop in and thank you so much for giving me your great advice when it came to telling my daughters about their brother, it is so helpful, thank you very much :)
ReplyDeletewishing your heart much peace and healing
Love Carly x