| I decided on the first question I will ask god when I see him "Why give hope to only take it away" Today I received a call from a very good friend, someone I met after losing the girls in the hospital support group. As usual the conversation would start out with "how are you", she proceeded to say "I have had better days", I think thats the point in our conversation where I sat down.... to hear a mother of angels say that you know it must be bad news, as that statement is usually reserved for the worst of news. She would proceed to tell me that she lost the baby... Parker Benjamin was born yesterday, November 16th in the morning. He was too early, almost 23 weeks gestation. Yes, I mentioned that I met her at the support group, so no this is not her first loss. I met my friend Stephanie at the October 2007 support group meeting, we immediately had something in common (the 1st of many things) the loss of twins. She lost twin boys, Ethan & Owen in March 2007. She would later find out shortly after her loss that her son Aidan (who is a few months older than Drew) had cancer, he had his eye removed and to date all looks good. Moving forward she would become pregnant and was elated, hopeful that all would go well, but of course nervous, now knowing first hand there are no guarantees. So her worst nightmare came true, she lost another baby, her last chance at hope & her chance at giving Aidan a living sibling. So my question is WHY? why after all she has been through, why give her the chance at having another child, only to take him away to? WHY? I am so angry at the situation and I feel so sad for Stephanie and her family. She is a strong woman and I know she will get through, but its just so unfair for her to again be put in this place. If you are reading this, please say a prayer for her, that she may find peace in all that has happened. Goodbye baby Parker, you will always be remembered....... |
Monday, November 17, 2008
Why Give Hope
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Oh Renae! Please let your friend know I am praying for her and her family. Why is the question that keeps going through our heads. I don't know if we'll have answers. I'll be thinking of her precious boys.
ReplyDeleteThere sure are many questions I have for God- and Stephanie's tragic circumstances are certainly one of them. I think it is times like these when we pause and think about what we do have- Thank God for Aiden and hopefully good things lie in the future. I know it is so hard to even look to tomorrow when today is so, so hard. Well written Renee!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Laura