Monday, November 10, 2008

New Work Schedule & Daycare #4

Well today was actually a much better day then expected. We had a nice staff meeting, where we would learn the reasons of the hour cuts. I actually felt bad for my boss, it must be a hard thing to have to do. I am still not excited about having my hours cut, but I guess I would rather lose 4 hours a week then a entire job (especially in this economy). He expects the cut will just be until April. So now I need to decide which day off I want, I am torn between Monday & Wednesday, since there are advantages to both, so that is the decision of the night. Today was day #4 of daycare for Drew. He did not want me to go this morning, he was holding my leg and all, the teacher had to pry him off (so sad), when I called a few hours later they said he was still having tears (and I could actually hear him crying in the background), his nice teacher let him talk to me on the phone for a minute which was nice. Well I did not callback the rest of the day, as I was pretty busy at work and figured if it got any worse they would call me. When I picked him up, I would get his daily report. They said he would cry but when they distracted him he would stop, and he actually ate lunch today! Yey!!! they said he scarfed down his chicken nuggets & fruit - so that is a improvement. We talked most of the way home, and he has been in a super great mood all night. I even overheard him tell his Dad, that he had FUN at school.... So it seems that things are getting better, slowly but surely Drew is adjusting to being a daycare kid. It's so funny to hear his stories about class, for example, he was saying tonight "why did that girl with the blonde hair, say my name was Joe, I'm not Joe, I Drew". LOL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment