Sunday, November 9, 2008

Deals & Just Venting

Well Halloween is over and the sales are here. Today while grocery shopping, I picked up this costume for 90% off, $1.99 is what I paid for this Handy Manny costume. Drew is really into Handy Manny right now, and I thought what a great deal for a dress up costume, for some imagination play.
Well tomorrow is Monday and off to a new busy week I am sure. Unfortunately, on Friday, I along with the entire staff at my company received a notice that our work hours are being cut to 36 hours a week, due to a lack of finances in these crappy economic times. We will be going to 4/9 hour days, so tomorrow morning we are having a staff meeting to figure out a stagger. What a way to start my Monday. Seriously, I need to find a new job! I just don't get it - we take on new accounts at work, but I still see no raise in YEARS and now a cut in hours. I think some employers are taking advantage of workers even when they are not necessarily effected by the economy, its just an excuse they use! I guess we shall see how it turns out...

1 comment: